About This Site
This Website, NCBlackAlliance.org (“we,” “us,” “our”), is operated by the North Carolina Black Alliance, a 501(c)(3) organization based in Raleigh, North Carolina, addresses policy and economic issues to enhance black communities by developing and promoting systemic policy change. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy.
If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or our practices regarding your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information You Disclose
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our services when you participate in activities on the Website or otherwise when you contact us. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make and the services and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Mailing addresses
- Job titles
- Contact preferences
- Other similar information
Information Automatically Collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity, like your name or contact information. However, it may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data are service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Website and which we record in log files. This log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings, and information about your activity on the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access the Website. This device data may include your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data, such as information about your device’s location, which can be precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Website. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt-out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. Note, however, if you choose to opt-out, you may not use certain aspects of the Services.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us to keep your personal information for longer than 2 years.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information. If this is not possible, we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Review, Update or Delete Data
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances.
To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please complete this form.
HOW INFORMATION IS USED
We use personal information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you updates by email.
- To communicate with you about NCBlackAlliance.org campaigns, including by telephone, if you have voluntarily provided your telephone number through the Site.
- To send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, policies, or other administrative information.
- To process your donation.
- To send you communications from partner and member organizations that we believe may be of interest to you.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, enhancing our Website, improving our services, identifying usage trends, or determining the effectiveness of our campaigns.
HOW INFORMATION IS SHARED
We only share information with your consent, comply with laws, provide you with services, protect your rights, or fulfill business obligations. We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, donation and payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services
- To our affiliates to permit them to send you communications
HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. You should only access the Website within a secure environment.
USE OF SITE BY MINORS
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen, and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site.
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date, and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.