Position: Canvasser (Part-Time, Temporary)
The North Carolina Black Alliance is a 501c3 organization that addresses policy and economic issues to enhance black communities by developing and promoting systemic policy change as well as youth and leadership development. NCBA seeks to collaborate with strategic partners to advance the work of those organizations and to enhance intentional collaboration with our black communities.
Advance North Carolina is a statewide, independent, Black-led, 501c (4) organization with a mission to build political and economic power in Black communities and institutions in North Carolina.
We are seeking motivated individuals as Canvassers in North Carolina to train and prepare for 2024 primary and general elections. Applications will only be accepted electronically. We are hiring for multiple positions, and the positions will remain open until filled.
- FLSA Status: Non-exempt
- Compensation: $25 per Hour
- Position: Part-time, temporary
- Dates of Employment: January 10 – March 5, 2024
Responsibilities and Duties:
Canvass neighborhoods to drop off important election materials and have brief in-person discussion with voters while following requisite COVID-19 safety protocols, including but not limited to mask wearing and social distancing.
- Track data and complete canvassing shifts on a regular basis
- Check-in as needed with your Lead about your progress and team GOTV goals
- Communicate with your supervisor daily about your shifts and availability
- Represent the organization professionally and effectively to the public
Qualifications and Experience:
- Have access to a smartphone for job duration
- Access to a car is a plus, but carpooling is an option
- Work well independently towards a team goal
- Strong interpersonal skills and outgoing personality
- Be goal-oriented, punctual, organized, and have a positive attitude
North Carolina Black Alliance is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.