Position: Canvasser (Part-Time, Temporary)
The North Carolina Black Alliance, a 501(c)(3) organization, and Advance North Carolina, a 501(c)(4) organization, seek motivated individuals to work as canvassers in North Carolina to train and prepare for the 2023 municipal elections.
Applications will only be accepted electronically. We are hiring for multiple positions, which will remain open until filled.
- Canvass neighborhoods to drop off important election materials and have brief in-person discussions with voters while following requisite COVID-19 safety protocols, including but not limited to mask-wearing and social distancing.
- Track data and complete canvassing shifts on a regular basis
- Check in as needed with your Lead about your progress and team GOTV goals
- Communicate with your supervisor daily about your shifts and availability
- Represent the organization professionally and effectively to the public
Qualifications and Experience:
- Have access to a smartphone for job duration
- Access to a car is a plus, but carpooling is an option
- Work well independently towards a team goal
- Strong interpersonal skills and outgoing personality
- Be goal-oriented, punctual, organized, and have a positive attitude
Expectations and Compensation:
- Compensation: $25 per Hour
- Dates of Employment: ASAP – November 15, 2023
North Carolina Black Alliance is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.