Advance North Carolina, a 501(c)(4) and North Carolina Black Alliance, a 501(c)(3), are seeking an Organizing Director to support organizational actions, training and mobilization opportunities that will activate North Carolina voters and constituent groups across target areas. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Support organizational actions, training and mobilization opportunities in order to activate the voters and constituents groups across Advance Carolina and NC Black Alliance’s (NCBA) target areas, including but not limited to managing GOTV Activities, Endorsement processes and Voter Education programs.
- Support and Coach assigned voter engagement, constituent group and data staff to reach long-term and short-term goals.
- Directly support the data analyst in the building of internal databases and communicate internal goals to assigned programs and departments.
- Support the DART (Data, Analysis, Research and Training) team strategy by driving cross-functional special projects and development of organizational materials and engagement analysis for Advance and NCBA.
- Organizes with intentionality to center NCBA’s commitment statements in all of our voter and constituent engagement.
- Use deep power analysis and issue-identification skills to help organizers and senior managers create and execute culturally relevant campaign strategies.
- Develop and project manage the Voter Involvement and Constituent Engagement (VICE) plan.
- Help increase voter engagement, community involvement and establish a planned growth model in our target counties.
- Lead process to develop long-term local agendas and local power analysis for various campaign areas (voting rights, economic justice, education and environmental justice and healthcare reform) with program and policy staff, organizers, grassroots leaders and coalitions.
- Manages the Regional Coordinators and County Leads in our target counties
- Effectively build a team of organizers invested in building power and establishing deep relationships
- with grassroots leaders.
- Manage five organizing staff and develop their leadership. Ensure that the team has clarity at all levels
- by modeling, building, and supporting effective communication, coordination, and performance-oriented culture. Use agitation and compassion to bring out the best in people.
- Represent the organization in various partnership and coalition networks.
Education & Qualifications:
- Proficient knowledge of Voter Database Management tools, like Voter Access Network (VAN) and Relational Voter Project (RVP) databases
- Prior Knowledge or willingness/ability to learn how to utilize organizational management tools like Zoom, Google Hangouts, Basecamp, etc.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required
- Excellent working in teams and providing leadership
- Experience working in political organizations with elected officials
Expectations & Compensation:
- Location: Must be a North Carolina Resident
- This is a full-time position with compensation commensurate with experience.
- Salary Range: $75,000 to $85,000
How to Apply:
- Email résumé and a detailed team launch document using the prompt “You have to hire 50 people in 30 days” to email@example.com.
North Carolina Black Alliance is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.