Position: Access to Healthcare Fellow
The North Carolina Black Alliance (NCBA) is a 501(c)(3) organization that addresses policy and economic issues to enhance Black communities by developing and promoting systemic policy change as well as youth and leadership development. We also seek to collaborate with strategic partners to advance the work of those organizations and to enhance intentional collaboration with Black constituencies.
The North Carolina Black Alliance (NCBA) is looking for a Health Equity Fellow to help enhance internal and external capacity to track our organizational healthcare access and equity work and community movement. The fellow will be responsible for assisting with the development of research support on key healthcare access issues, such as Medicaid coverage gap and Managed Care, disparities in health and health outcomes across the state, maternal health disparities, program support documents and local Black health equity leadership tracking.
The fellow will report to the Access to Healthcare Team they are assigned and execute organizing efforts.
- Assist in the development of our health equity profile for tracking community members and organizations we’ve engaged with and trained.
- Attend important meetings to help assist with overall Access to Healthcare priorities.
- Produce issue related content for social media.
- Support access to healthcare and environmental justice research and events.
Expectations & Compensation:
Health Equity Fellow position is a set stipend of $1,500/month and requires 20 hours a week commitment.
Education & Qualifications:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google applications.
- Highly organized, reliable, able to work independently, and able to develop internal and external partnerships.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Willing to try new things and can find comfort in new tools and spaces.
- Comfortable making a call to anyone and have a conversation about Black issues without intended confrontation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to multitask.
- Likes to look further than surface level but can control their research to not go down a rabbit hole.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
How to Apply:
Email résumé, writing sample, and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
North Carolina Black Alliance is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.