Position: Executive Assistant (FT Contract)
The Executive Assistant provides organizational and high-level administrative support to the North Carolina Black Alliance (c)(3) and Advance North Carolina (c)(4). The Executive Assistant will provide support to the executive leadership team and is tasked with overseeing various administrative office tasks and priorities. Reporting to the Senior Associate Director, the Executive Assistant is expected to work efficiently, be detail oriented, possess strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills, and work well independently and in a group setting.
- Serves as the point of contact for the Executive Director of Advance Carolina / Deputy Director of NC Black Alliance
- Participate in weekly check-in meetings to help identify critical and time-sensitive matters
that require leadership input and/or final decisions
- Coordinate complex scheduling and extensive calendar management, as well as management of content and flow of information to executives
- Attend relevant meetings and provide meeting notes as required
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with the business
- Project manage relevant initiatives in Basecamp
- Assist with completing monthly time and expense reports for submission
- Organizing office files, technology, and organizational materials
- Scheduling and organizing meetings and events for the leadership team, reserving conference rooms or meeting venues when needed
- Booking travel arrangements
- Be responsive to emails/texts/phone calls, with contact outside normal business hours as needed
- Conserve the executive’s time by reading, researching, collecting, and analyzing information as needed in advance
- Additional duties may be assigned by the executive leadership
Education & Qualifications:
- Associate degree preferred or Experience as an Executive Assistant in a professional setting
- Advanced proficiency in Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, and other technical skills necessary to perform duties
- Solid project management skills are required
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required
Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and high-level attention to detail
- Ability to self-motivate, work with both close direction and independently, function well as a team member, and know when to seek guidance or get help
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks and competing demands and priorities effectively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and respect rules, policies, and practices
- Detail-oriented and excels at time management, able to prioritize tasks as needed
Expectations & Compensation:
- This is a full-time contract position with compensation commensurate with experience.
- 40 – 45 hours per week
- Salary Range: $40,000 to $45,000
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, email résumé and cover letter to Katesha Phillips, Senior Associate Director, at email@example.com.
North Carolina Black Alliance is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.