Position: Event Project Manager (Contract)
The event project manager provides event management support to the North Carolina Black Alliance and Advance North Carolina. The event project manager will be responsible for successfully planning and executing events for both NCBA and Advance Carolina. Reporting to the senior associate director, the event project manager is expected to work closely with program coordinators and organizational teams to determine event needs, and objectives and develop a plan to ensure each event meets its goals. The event project manager will work efficiently, be detail oriented, possess strong organizational skills, and work well independently and in a group setting.
- Coordinating with Operations Team and event coordinators to ensure that all aspects of the event are running smoothly
- Meeting with program coordinators, team leads and/or organizational team members to identify event requirements, delivery timelines, establish goals, and initiate the development of an event budget
- Managing the overall budget, including expenses related to the event such as venue rental fees and catering costs
- Developing detailed project plans to guide program coordinators, team leads and event planning teams and revising based on changing needs and requirements
- Monitoring event planning performance to ensure timely delivery
- Compiling and submitting event planning status reports to executive leadership
- Working closely with the event coordinator to identify vendors to secure necessary supplies, services, venue and logistical needs
- Preparing detailed schedules for all event activities and managing the team who will be involved in the production of the event
- Coordinating the development and implementation of a communication plan for the event that includes marketing materials, press outreach, and other publicity efforts
- Creating a detailed agenda for the event, including speakers and performers, topics of discussion, and any special activities
Education & Qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree preferred or Experience as an Event Project Manager in a professional setting
- Proficient in Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, and other technical skills necessary to perform duties
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required
Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and high-level attention to detail
- Ability to self-motivate, work with both close direction and independently, function well as a team member, and know when to seek guidance or get help
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks and competing demands and priorities effectively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and respect rules, policies, and practices
- Detail-oriented and excels at time management, able to prioritize tasks as needed
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
Expectations & Compensation:
- This is a contract position with compensation commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, email résumé and cover letter to Katesha Phillips, Senior Associate Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
North Carolina Black Alliance is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.