Position: Administrative Assistant (FT/Contract)
The Administrative Assistant provides organizational and administrative support for both the North Carolina Black Alliance, a 501(c)(3), and Advance North Carolina, a 501(c)(4). The Administrative Assistant will provide support to the executive leadership team and is tasked with overseeing various administrative office tasks and priorities. Reporting to the Senior Associate Director, the Administrative Assistant is expected to work efficiently, be detail-oriented, possess strong organizational skills, and work well independently and in a group setting.
- Provide administrative support to North Carolina Black Alliance and Advance North Carolina and the various programs and initiatives
- The Administrative Assistant provides executive-level support to the Executive Director, Political Deputy Director, and Senior Associate Director.
- Participate in weekly check-in meetings to help identify critical and time-sensitive matters
that require leadership input and/or final decisions
- Provide calendar management, support scheduling, confirmation, logistics, and hospitality for internal and external meetings.
- Attend relevant meetings and provide meeting notes as required
- Project manage relevant initiative in Basecamp
- Assist with completing monthly time and expense reports for submission
- Organizing office files, technology, and organizational materials
- Ensuring all calendars for the leadership team are accurate and organized
- Scheduling and organizing meetings and events for the leadership team
- Booking travel arrangements for the leadership team
Education & Qualifications:
- Associate degree preferred or experience as an Administrative Assistant in a professional setting
- Proficient in Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, and other technical skills necessary to perform duties
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required
Skills & Attributes
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and high-level attention to detail
- Ability to self-motivate, work with both close direction and independently, function well as a team member, and know when to seek guidance or get help
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks and competing demands and priorities effectively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and respect rules, policies, and practices
- Detail-oriented and excels at time management, able to prioritize tasks as needed
Expectations & Compensation:
- Salary Range: $35,000 to $45,000
- This is a full-time contract position with compensation commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Email résumé, writing sample, and cover letter to Katesha Phillps, Senior Associate Director, at email@example.com.
North Carolina Black Alliance is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.